What it Means to be a Mom {Easter Sunday}

April 6, 2015

Sometimes I need a day to stop and do nothing, and when I say nothing I mean nothing. Like stay in bed and not say a word to a soul nothing.... Unfortunately, being a mom, a wife, a friend, a this, a that, there's just no way to take a day off and do nothing. Last week was a rough week for me.... Emotionally and physically.... Both my kids came down with the stomach bug, then I got something like what was supposed to be the stomach bug, but I refused to eat as to avoid the sight of anymore vomit... But still, even though I felt awful and could barely move, the day went on and the needs of my family took over.... It's amazing the strength you find when it's time to care for your kids.... This past Saturday I felt awful, yet I got up, tended to my children and even went into work to catch up. When I got home I couldn't move....Lying on the sofa later that day with a 101.5 fever and the room spinning with every small movement, some how when JJ was about to throw up yet again, my body found a way to jump up and tend to him... Suddenly, my aches and pains were put on the back burner and I did what I had to do.... And come Sunday morning I was feeling so much better. Not 100% but enough not to miss Easter Sunday with my family.
So, I guess you can say I kind of had the day off being on the sofa all day, but still everyday (even sick days) I'm a mom. I totally signed up for it and it was a dream of mine even as a little girl to be a mom, so please don't get me wrong, I'm in no way shape or form complaining, and I wouldn't change it for the world, I'm just telling it like it is... And sadly, those without children can't really understand what us Mommy's do for our children... I have always said this, my children come first...Before my needs or anyone else. Some folks think that shouldn't be the "order" of things but in my world that's how I roll and if someone out there thinks different then I'm not one to judge.... You parent your way and I'll parent mine.... There are reasons why I had children, and one of them is to be with them and enjoy their company, to watch them grow, to watch them laugh, to cry and to just be a kid... I don't want to miss a moment of it... I lost my mom way to early in my life to have any regrets about how I choose to spend my time with my children... That's why I am grateful for every moment of everyday I get to be with my children...
Here are some moments of our Easter Sunday... I pray your Easter or Passover Holiday was well spent as well...
 




 


Have a great week friends!!!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Your comments mean a lot so please share!! I'll be sure to answer any questions I can!!