The Great Debate {White Walls}

April 11, 2015

If you follow me on Instagram, you already know my new found obsession with white walls and my plans to give our living room a fresh update with nice, bright, clean, white walls.... I am over the current color we've had for a little over two years... It's Wheat Bread by Behr. I seem to say this every two years or so when it comes to paint colors, but here we go again... What in God's name was I thinking? I'm pretty sure I was just looking for some thing other than the cottage yellow I had on them before...
Here is a photo of what our living room looked like this past fall.
 

So yes, I know exactly what your thinking... The walls look great.
Yup, they look great on perfectly sunny days when the lighting is just right and the blinds are all open, but come evening or on a cold cloudy day, to me they are really depressing looking and dreary.... They also have become very "muddy" looking. So, with a ton of research I have narrowed it down to five white paint colors... I will share the names during the big reveal. For right now I am going to share with you the five photos that I found most inspiring and where I've collected the colors from....
 



 
 
I love all the colors in each photo, but I have to admit I am scared to go pure white with no undertone at all.... I'm so afraid of loosing that cozy feeling this room has. I'm also not looking forward to redoing my wall gallery I worked so hard on. I guess I can always just leave all the nails in the walls and put them back up after I paint!! Sshhhh!! Don't tell!!! Pretty sure that's a huge no, no in the design world!!
I'm hoping to get painting next weekend!!
To keep up to what I'm up to on a hourly daily basis, you can find me here!! Have a great weekend!!!
 


2 comments:

  1. love your inspiration......Our walls in the FAM room are a reddish brown and I want to go dark grey....scared to do it though...LOL......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it!! If you end up hating it, in the end it's just paint!! And if you love it then you LOVE it!!! I dare you!!! :)

      Delete

Your comments mean a lot so please share!! I'll be sure to answer any questions I can!!