Gracie's Big Girl Room {the before}

February 17, 2015

Just about a year ago I had plans to update our daughter's room. She was only three when we turned the attic space into two bedrooms. At the time I was pregnant with my son and it was important to me for her to have a space all her own. All I kept thinking in my head was that I didn't want the room to be pink. I knew I wanted it to have pink accents, but as far as the walls.... NO pink, NO way!!
I was excited to put her room together and I thought it was the perfect space... right up until Miss Gracie turned six with opinions and tastes all her own, and laundry baskets full of clothes screaming for a new home!!
Well guess what.... She wants pink. Yup, pink walls, pink bedding, pink accents. You name it, she wants it pink. I have been dreading this day for a while now, but I knew it was coming. Then I started thinking about it and it is her room after all and I do want her to enjoy "her" space, but that doesn't mean I can't have my cake and eat it to!! So I made her a deal. She could have her pink room as long as I could pick the paint color. I decided to create an inspiration board for her so she could see how all the pieces would come together. I tried bribing a gray focal wall into the deal but she wasn't having it. So I will have to incorporate the gray accents in somewhere else, but for now here is the inspiration for the "pink" makeover.
 
 
Since the walls will be pink I plan on toning it down with gold and mint accents. I adore the gray accent wall but again, that was a big fat NO!!
 So needless to day, the room was painted pink this past weekend (on Valentine's night no less) and her pink bedding arrived as well. I have to admit I am really enjoying planning this makeover with her. She is picking out her art work for her new gallery wall and we are trying to find a mirror for over her new, vintage dresser updated and restored by yours truly. The gallery wall is honestly the hardest part. I also updated her reading nook and did away with the desk that she had. I thought the desk would be perfect for homework and drawing, but that all just seems to happen in the kitchen and no where else! Before I go I want to share some pictures of her room before this pink makeover that's happening.... Oh and yes, this little project pink is what has been keeping me from sharing photos of our updated master bedroom.... anything for my little girl! I just hope this means she will start sleeping in her bed all night every night!! Ha! wishful thinking!!
 
Gracie's Room ~ BEFORE
 
 





 
Bye ,Bye neutral blue big girl room!!
Stay tuned for the pink reveal coming soon!!
 
Linking up with:

Craftberry Bush
 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Your comments mean a lot so please share!! I'll be sure to answer any questions I can!!