The Porch {Inspiration Board}

March 29, 2014

Hi friends!!
 
Hope you had a great week! Not to much going on around here.... I'm
 
slowly making my way into our master bedroom to paint. If you haven't
 
noticed I am a procrastinator in every way, especially when it comes to
 
making over a room. I think it's pretty much summed up to fear of not
 
loving what I'm about to conquer.... This happens to me all the time!!
 
The fear of not loving the end result and the thought of having to start all
 
over just takes over my mind. I can't begin to tell you how many times I
 
have changed my mind on the paint color of our bedroom; mind you we
 
just repainted last spring! It's a problem I must get over if I'm going to get
 
anywhere with all the updates that are needed in our home! So right after
 
I share this post with you I'm headed to the paint store!! Yikes!!!
 
Wish me luck!!
 
Today I am going to share the inspiration board I have put together for our
 
four season porch.... For the last six years this space has been used basically
 
as a storage room. This is the one space in our home that truly gives me
 
anxiety. You see we don't have a garage or shed at the moment so this
 
lovely space houses all our outdoor needs as well as any other items
 
we can't seem to find room for. If I were to snap a picture right now you
 
will find all my outdoor pillows, a couple of bikes, a small 4-wheeler, tons
 
of boxes, a few lacrosse sticks, tons of shoes and probably a partridge in
 
a pear tree!! Haha! just kidding! But seriously lord knows what else is
 
hiding in that adorable little space with some huge potential.
 
Here are a couple of photos that I took of the space right after I had all new
 
windows and the hardwood floor installed.
 

 
Not the best photos, but you get the idea.
 
This space is on the top of my to do list this summer.
 
I envision myself sitting in here with a good book and a nice hot cup
 
of coffee while I watch the kids run about in the yard....
 
Ok... enough of the dreaming.
 
Here is what I put together so far....
 
 
 
The only thing missing is a nice little cozy love seat....
 
What do you think??
 
Do you have a space in your home that's screaming for an update?
 
If so I'd love to hear about it!!
 
Happy Weekend!!
 

11 comments:

  1. I love the design board. Your porch is going to look great. I am excited to see the "after". The one thing I wish we had at our house is a screened in porch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristine! So glad you love the design board! Hopefully I can get this project done! just waiting on this weather in the northeast to improve so we can get started! I really would like to be able to use this space rather than keeping it as a "storage unit"!! I will be sure to post after photos and sources as soon as it's complete! Thanks so much for stopping by and stayed tuned!!

      Delete
  2. Love your inspiration board - your room will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet Kris!! Thank you so much for stopping by!!

      Delete
  3. Hi: Just came over from Driven by Decor and love your board! Keeping the main colors neutral will certainly let you go all out with pillow color! Perfect place to sit in the mornings…or whenever !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Libby!! So glad you stopped by!! I completely agree!! I have a little obsession with pillows so keeping everything neutral was a must.... especially with two young ones and six nieces and nephews running around!! The baguette seating is from Ballard Designs and the fabric is indoor/outdoor which is perfect! Thanks so much again for stopping by! Hope you come back soon!

      Delete
  4. I think that your decor tastes and my decor tastes are very similar! I love the inspiration board!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you!! So glad you love the inspiration board! I'll be posting a couple more soon when I get ready to update my son's room and the playroom! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great room to work with and your inspiration board is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alicia, so glad you like it! Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete

Your comments mean a lot so please share!! I'll be sure to answer any questions I can!!