Kindly Refrain from Whining {what i made}

March 23, 2014

Happy Sunday friends!!
 
I'm here today with a cute sign I made that didn't cost me a dime!
 
I had a little sign in my kitchen that I had put in the corner a while back.
 
I loved the saying when we first got married but six years and two
 
little ones later I wanted to change it up a little bit.
 
Here is a picture of the sign before.
 
 
I love the saying and it still holds true, but I really wasn't feeling
 
the black and red lettering anymore. I decided to paint it and give it
 
a makeover with a new saying that I think is highly appropriate.
 
Here are the steps and finished product.

       I used Martha Stewart craft paint in Gray Wolf for the frame and a
        mix of Americana craft paint in Light Buttermilk & Snow White for
                                          the inside of the frame.
  Then printed out my favorite font is the appropriate size and penciled over
                        the back of the paper as the transfer method.
     Then I traced over the letters with pen and painted them with a black Sharpie paint pen. I used free hand for the word Mom to give it character.
 
 
What do you think? Cute right?
 
This saying goes for all who enter, but I thought I would sweeten it up
 
with a little love from mom in my own signature!!
 
Ok, back to painting.... Still haven't decided on the perfect paint color
 
for the master bedroom so I'm going to finish up the panty door and cross
 
it off my "to do" list!!
 
Enjoy your Sunday!!!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love your fun sign, Lisa!! Does it work, if so I need one too! :) I couldn't help but notice your great chalkboard for spring, I may have to steal an idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam!! I have to admit the sign worked for a day (if that!) but it is fun and has for sure become a new family rule!! Thanks for the compliments and for stopping by!! So glad you love the chalkboard as much as I do!!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend and stop by again soon!!

      Delete

Your comments mean a lot so please share!! I'll be sure to answer any questions I can!!