Bathroom Update {before and after}

March 29, 2014

Hi again!!!
 
Today has turned into a complete lazy day. I've prepped the master bedroom
 
and it's ready for paint! So happy I've finally decided on a color!!
 
Since there wasn't much else to do today other than lay around and watch
 
movies I thought I would stop in for a quick before and after of our
 
one and only bathroom!
 
 A while back I repainted and freshened up our mirror with some
 
Anne Sloane chalk paint. If you missed that post you can find it here.
 
Not much has been done since then other than some slight décor changes.
 
I'm still working on finding the perfect window treatment... Once again
 
the procrastinator in me... That being said I never really did a before and
 
after shot. It's amazing what a little paint and a few simple décor changes
 
can do to a space. I'm so much happier with the way it looks today.
 
 
 
The picture on the left was taken just two years ago.
 
I can't believe just how much my décor style has grown....
 
I have really learned a lot about what really inspires me and what I like.
 
My mind set has completely changed since Pinterest we moved in and
 
remodeled our home only six years ago! Ahhhh... If I only knew then what I
 
know now.... I'm actually ok with the fact that my tastes have changed.
 
It just gives me an excellent excuse to have to redo every room of our
 
house! It's like starting fresh!! And there's no rush this time....
 
I'm not afraid to do what I like in my own home. Years ago I always
 
assumed there were "rules" to be followed when decorating, but now
 
thanks to some amazing blogs and of course Pinterest, I have learned
 
how to find a design style all my own and how decorate my home the way
 
I like in a way that reflects who I am and who we are as a family.
 
Your home is YOUR castle and there's no right or wrong way to
 
decorate it.... Others may not agree, but it totally works for me!!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Wow what a wonderful transformation! I really like the color you chose for the wall. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I love it too!! It's moonshine by Benjamin Moore! One of my favorites!!

      Delete
  2. Having the freedom to decorate your home as you like is one of the many perks of being a homeowner. Although your style has changed over the years, what matters is that you are intact with your own unique preference. Anyway, I love the simple transformation of your bathroom. It feels more homey and cozy with the changes you made. Thanks for sharing that, Lisa! All the best to you! :)

    Rick Greer @ Finlay Brewer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right Rick!! Thanks so much for your kind words and for stopping by!!

      Delete

Your comments mean a lot so please share!! I'll be sure to answer any questions I can!!