Wednesday Wish List {Faux Fireplace}

August 20, 2014

Hi friends!!
 Happy Wednesday!!
  Today I'm sharing something really unique that has been on my wish list for a while....
There is something about a fireplace that I have always loved. I grew up with one in my childhood home and it always made cold nights feel cozy, as wells as adding a great deal of character to our home...and I love the idea of having a mantel to decorate and hang stockings up for the holidays...
I had always planned on having a fireplace in my own home, but sometimes you can't always get what you want!! Don't get me wrong, I love our home and when we purchased it almost seven years ago we had thought of putting in a wood burning stove, but sadly, we really don't have the space for it. I also looked into an electric fireplace, but I felt spending all that money for the look of a fireplace wasn't wise when in the end would cost us money to use. So I put it on the "no go" list and moved on.... Until now....
Honestly, my favorite part of having a fire place is the mantel and all I see all over Pinterest are faux fireplaces. Such an excellent solution to obtain the look of a fire place minus the heat part, which I'm ok with!! Here are some of my favorites!!

source

source

source unknown

source

source

source unknown

source

source

source
Now all I need to do is find out exactly how to go about building one of these and the most difficult part... talking my hubby into it!!
I found this picture and this is pretty much the size we need.
 
source
 
 The pine wall that I recently painted white would be the perfect little spot for a faux fireplace!!
What do you think faux or no??
 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Your comments mean a lot so please share!! I'll be sure to answer any questions I can!!